Thursday, December 13, 2012

Extra Credit

Last Thursday I went to improv.  It was the extra long Christmas themed one.  Many of the actors wore ugly sweaters and one even wore a tomato costume just because it was red and green.  Many of the audience members also wore ugly Christmas sweaters.  I really enjoyed the show.  I especially liked the game they played were all of the participating actors were given a word and every time during the scene they either had to get on or off the stage making up an excuse each time. 
Not just at this improv but at all the ones I have been to this semester I noticed how they mention a lot of popular things or current events.  And those things definitely get more laughs.  The improvers also often invite people from the audience on stage to give them a chance to participate which I think definitely makes a big difference for some audience members.  They also ask for ideas from the audience each time for various things like what relationship the improvers should have or where they are going, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment